Re: RFS: terminator

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 11:02 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 02:43:52PM -0500, Nicolas Valcárcel wrote:
> > I still looking for a sponsor, can someone take a look at it?
>
> Had a quick look, the following are improvement suggestions:
> - the package is not lintian clean:
>   W: terminator: package-contains-empty-directory usr/lib/

This is a bug in python-central IIRC, i have tried to fix it for hours
but someone point me at a bug that makes this empty usr/lib/

> - binary package terminator is missing ${misc:Depends} as a dependency,
>   which never hurts

Done.

> - debian/watch is using an https:// URL, is that really needed, doesn't
>   a http:// URL exist? In the current setting, uscan without
>   libcrypt-ssleay-perl won't work

It redirects to https, but it seems to work with http. Done.

> Moreover, I would be happy to sponsor it but I've a personal rule: I
> want packages to be on some collaborative maintenance repository. So go
> find one (add the proper Vcs-* fields to debian/control) and I'll be
> happy to sponsor terminator; if no one fits more precisely your package
> go for collab-maint.

I'm not sure about you are talking about, we have collaborative bzr
repositories on launchpad, but i can't find information about the Vcs-*
fields, can you point me to them please?

> About the package itself I'm a bit surprised that no key bindings exist
> for splitting horizontally/vertically the terminal window. It is really
> dumb: we are all using terminals to avoid the mouse pointer, should I
> use it just for the split?  Similarly, how can I move from one split
> area to the other? Only with the mouse pointer???

There are key bindings there are described on the README file for the
splitting, closing and the navigation of the terminals, we are planning
to add also a Help menu item so it's clearer, you can split it
Vertically with Cntrl+Shift+e and Horizontally with Cntrl+Shift+o, there
is more info on the README file, and also on the bug report (Bug
#460317).

--
aka nxvl
key fingerprint: E140 4CC7 5E3C B6B4 DCA7 F6FD D22E 2FB4 A9BA 6877