Re: ITA: libdbi + libdbi-drivers (updated packages) 2nd try, please consider!

On Nov 26, 2007 6:20 PM, Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> wrote:

> Most of the time, I see people using -O2 instead. I'd find using a poor
> optimization level only for some that needs debugging quite frustrating.
> Can't people wishing to do debugging recompile the package (and even
> remove the striping)?

Err, I think you misunderstand, or maybe I misunderstand you.

If you encounter a crash, recompiling like so will give you a package
that gives better backtraces:

DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt,nostrip debuild

That is, as long as the packaging supports it.

Normally packages are built with -g -O2, and the debugging info is
stripped by dh_strip, which checks DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS and strips only
when nostrip isn't present.

--
bye,
pabs