Re: RFS: daemonlogger

> You might want to add this to your ~/.quiltrc and regen the patches:
>
> QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="-p0 --no-timestamps --no-index"
>
> These help in creating patch files that are more friendly to people
> using interdiff on your diff.gz.
>
> Lintian warnings when run with -I:
>
> I: daemonlogger: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
> usr/share/man/man1/daemonlogger.1.gz:45
> I: daemonlogger: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
> usr/share/man/man1/daemonlogger.1.gz:71
> I: daemonlogger: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
> usr/share/man/man1/daemonlogger.1.gz:72
>
> No need to install the NEWS file
>
> The readme says: "This code is largely untested and probably
> completely shoddy.  YMMV.", is it really that untested? Presumably you
> have tested it yourself and can patch that statement out?
>
> The upstream source tarball contains ._COPYING and ._ChangeLog - I
> assume these are from MacOS X, please ask upstream to remove them in
> the next version (teaching them about "make dist" should be enough).
>
> When building, I see this:
>
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.     -g -Wall -O2 -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/include -c
> daemonlogger.c
> cc  -g -Wall -O2 -g -O0 -Wall -I/usr/include  -L/usr/lib -ldumbnet -o
> daemonlogger daemonlogger.o  -lpcap -ldumbnet
>
> IIRC, debian policy is to use -O2 unless DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt is
> set, please fix this to use only one -OX flag and check if noopt
> works.

I updated the changelog and added patches for README and the makefile to
remove the extra -O0 and use CDBS set CFLAGS. I also refreshed the patches
using the changes to my ~/.quiltrc that you suggested.

I added lintian overrides for those errors as they are false positives.

I am going to contact upstream about making a cleaner tarball. I had
previously submitted the manpage 3 months ago (2 versions ago).

The actual location of the packages is:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/daemonlogger/daemonlogger_1.0.1-1.dsc

Thanks,
Chris