Re: ITA: libdbi + libdbi-drivers (updated packages) 2nd try, please consider!

Albert Lash wrote:
> For what its worth, I was *just* searching for this package yesterday.
> I ran into a problem with the one from the outside repository needing
> the older mysql client.

What do you mean???

> Does this one work with the newer client
> library by chance?

Do you mean libmysqlclient15-dev? If yes, then yes! :)

> I tried to compile it with no luck:
>
> http://www.docunext.com/blog/2007/11/03/libdbi/
>
> This would be a great package for the debian repositories once it ready.

I really don't get why you got that error, because on my SID box, I
could compile it with no issue, and the "make check" of the package
worked without any issue after installing the packages (for both sqlite3
and mysql).

What mysql-dev version did you use? Was that libmysqlclient15-dev in SID?

Thomas