Re: Legends The Game, new debian package

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 11:51:47AM +0100, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 12:15 +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't the source package name reflect that it has been re-packaged?
> > Something like "legends-0.4.1.42.ds.1" ?
>
> It should be documented in debian/README.Debian-source or some similar
> file.  I don't think it's mandatory to give the .orig.tar.gz a special
> name.

I agree, in this case it is probably not necessary to rename.  Usually,
when a .orig.tar.gz is renamed, it is to indicate that something is
missing or added.  For example, many packages have .dfsg. in the name
since they have had source files or documentation removed because they
were non-free.  Removing the shipped embedded library does not
functionaly change the package, since those components will be
substituted by the appropriate library packages in Debian.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez