Re: Legends The Game, new debian package

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 11:07:04PM +0100, olaf wrote:
> So, I ve changed now following things:
> - scripts are now in /usr/games/
> - moved binaries to /usr/lib/legends/ and added links to data files which are
>   in /usr/share/games/legends

That's good.

> Todo: solve copyright and license problems
> I havnt uploaded anything yet and I doubt that I am able to upload the files
> with suse-linux at my school (no dput?). What shall I do? :(

Not sure.

> Another question: Are shared libraries basically allowed?
> Legends uses following shared libraries which i ve placed in /usr/lib/legends
> too :
> /usr/local/share/games/legends/libogg.so.0
> /usr/local/share/games/legends/libopenal.so
> /usr/local/share/games/legends/libSDL-1.2.so.0
> /usr/local/share/games/legends/libSDL-1.3.so.0
> /usr/local/share/games/legends/libvorbis.so.0

This will certainly get your package rejected by the ftp-masters.  All
of those libraries exist in their own packages on Debian, you need to
link against those.  Embedding libraries like that has been a great
source of headaches to the security team, hence the policy.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez