Re: SVN snapshot versioning

also sprach tmancill <tony@mancill.com> [2007.01.23.0050 +0000]:
> Sorry to have fogotten the specific rules around this, but would we ever
> run into sorting issues with the revision portion of the package
> version if we use only the revision number?
>
> i.e. is 2.1~svn-r91 > 2.1~svn-r115 ?

Good thinking, you got me there for a second. But it does not seem
like this is a worry:

  lapse:~> dpkg --compare-versions 2.1~svn-r91 gt 2.1~svn-r115 || echo no
  no

"all i know is that i'm being sued for unfair business
 practices by micro$oft. hello pot? it's kettle on line two."
                                                  -- michael robertson