Re: SVN snapshot versioning

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 01:39:30AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com> [2007.01.23.0115 +0100]:
> > So for a snapshot of revision 91 between stable version 2.0 and future
> > version 2.1, would something like:
> >    2.1~20070123svn.r91
>
> Why bother with the date? 2.1~svn-r91 seems much more concise and
> has the same information, really.

I disagree.  How do I know that r91 was committed two days ago?  I think
that having the date in the version gives the end user a good idea of
the "freshness" of the program.  Without it, the user would be required
to look at the source control upstream to see when it was committed.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez