Re: ITR: varkon (updated package)

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> Try with:
> 1. Wrong directory for manual: ./usr/share/varkon/man/ should
> be ./usr/share/doc/varkon-user-manual/
> i.e usr/share/doc/$package_name/
> Same for varkon-programmer-manual
> Modify the doc-base files accordingly and change the symlink to the
> other direction.

I can do that.

> 6. From TODO:
> * [postponed]Move libfiles (*.MBO) into seperate package (they are
>    platform independent)?
>
> More detail on that please - why was that postponed, why not
> use /usr/lib/ instead of ./usr/share/varkon/lib/ ? That's the reason
> you're getting arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share. Is the question mark
> denoting that there is a query if these are platform independent or just
> whether to move them because they are known to be platform independent?

This is my interpretation as well. TODO is from the previous
maintainer. I am planning to confirm with upstream whether or not
these files are architecture independent. I didn't want to wait with
uploading the new package since those files are in the same location
in the package currently in Debian. So, in any case this is not a
regression.

> Testing continues....

Thanks a lot for that.

I will address the other points you mentioned earlier and also the
issues Erik mentioned tonight (hopefully, maybe tomorrow) when I get
home.

Matthias