Re: RFS: varkon (updated package)

Matthias Julius <lists@julius-net.net> writes:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.19B-1
> of my package "varkon".
[...]
> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/varkon/varkon_1.19B-1.dsc

Sadly, nobody here seems to be interested in this package.

I would be very grateful if someone could take a look at it and
ultimately sponsor it for a couple of reasons:

- the version in Debian is over 3 years old
- there are currently 178 installations according to popcon that
  deserve to be updated to the current version
- Varkon is the only free parametric 3D CAD application (that I know
  of) and I would like to promote it by making it easily available to
  Debian users
- the current varkon package FTBS on armel because it build-depends on
  gcc-3.3 which is not available on armel (and according to one of the
  armel porters it is the last package having this problem)

Matthias