Re: New package "unicornscan" (a new try !)

Am Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2007 schrieb Leo "costela" Antunes:
> Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > I suppose, this is all to difficult and complicated for me. As the
> > package is new, I get MD5-errors and more. So, as this process is too
> > difficult for me, and is taking to much of long time, I give up.
>
> Sorry to hear that.
>
> > Sorry, I am not willing to collect all the different docs and reaqd, this
> > is boring and for one package it is too much of a thing.
>
> Unfortunately, if you want to maintain a package for Debian, that means
> you have to be responsible for their state in Debian, understanding how
> the packaging process works and so on. So yes, that takes some reading.
> Remember that Debian is a big group of people. We need some sort of
> organization to be able to work together effectively, so it may take a
> bit of learning in order to successfully interact with this community,
> even if you just want to get a simple piece of software inside it.
>
> If you don't want to be the maintainer for the package, and instead only
> want to have it packaged, you can file a RFP (request for package) bug
> to the package 'wnpp'.
> Simply using 'reportbug wnpp' and filling in the proper fields should be
> enough. It should guide you through.
>
> > Anyway, if someone likes to have a look at the package, I will sent him
> > as an email, if not, no problem: It is running on my computer.
> >
> > I was just intend to take part in the community, but it seem not to work.
>
> Again, taking a part in the community takes a bit of learning.
> There are many people that want to take part in it and all of them have
> questions like you. Many of these questions have already been answered
> somewhere, so instead of taking our time to answer personally to each
> and every question (time that could be spent improving the quality of
> Debian, and which I'm ironically losing myself) we simply direct people
> to places where they can find the answers themselves and in the process
> they show that they are willing to make an effort to contribute to the
> community by learning.
>
> > And please: Do not write me, "read here", "read there", "read
> > somewhere!", really, for some few questions, I am not willing to read
> > hours lots of stuff.
>
> If you are not willing to make this effort, it seems you're not willing
> to be a part of the community, but perhaps I understand you wrong: if
> you're just frustrated because you can't find the answer to your
> question where people pointed you to, or because people seem to have
> misunderstood your question, please don't hesitate to ask again. But be
> patient. We're all volunteers, your questions can take some time to be
> answered. You gave up in less then 2 hours, from what I see in your emails.
>
> Remember: your "some few questions" may seem straightforward to you, but
> the answers may not be and if they've already been answered somewhere
> else, what would be the difference between answering them in a personal
> [...]

O.k., I tried again from the beginning.
Now the "MD5-error" is gone. But I cannot get access to the
mentor-upload-server. What do I do wrong ? This is my output:

------------ snip ----------------

dupload -t mentors unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.changes
Uploading (scpb) to mentors.debian.net:~
[ job unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64 from unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.changes
  announce (unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.changes) to incoming@mentors.debian.net
will be sent
 unicornscan_0.4.7.orig.tar.gz, md5sum ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1.diff.gz, md5sum ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.deb, md5sum ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1.dsc, md5sum ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.changes ok ]
Uploading (scp) to mentors (mentors.debian.net)
[ Uploading job unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64
 unicornscan_0.4.7.orig.tar.gz 3105.1 kB, ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1.diff.gz 10.4 kB, ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.deb 748.3 kB, ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1.dsc 0.6 kB, ok
 unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.changes 1.0 kB, ok
Permission denied (publickey).
lost connection
dupload fatal error: scp unicornscan_0.4.7.orig.tar.gz
unicornscan_0.4.7-1.diff.gz unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.deb
unicornscan_0.4.7-1.dsc unicornscan_0.4.7-1_amd64.changes  failed
 at /usr/bin/dupload line 605

I generated a public key today and used this for mentors-server, as requested
and verified it, too.

Everything went fine.

regards

Hans