Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 10:34:03PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
[...]
> I'd better see the possibility of getting an access to the offending
> archs to try and figure out what the problems are and to fix them.
> Depending on the archs, it can be easy to get an account (hppa is a very
> good example, thanks to the available clusters), or it can be very
> tricky; in that latter case, emulation can help a lot.

I went to the extreme of trying to collect and maintain Debian on an
actual physical representative from each supported architecture (I'm
up to 9 now, missing arm, ia64 and s390 still), and can say from
experience that it's neither a simple nor entirely cheap
alternative.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);