Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Christoph Haas wrote:

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 03:47:09PM +0200, Ondrej Certik wrote:
The sources:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-qa/svnbuildstat/?rev=0&sc=0
The wiki page:
http://wiki.debian.org/svnbuildstat

I believe Debian needs the same as Ubuntu has: Personal Package
Archives, where new maintainers could upload their source packages and

Agreed.

the service will automatically build and check the package.

Everybody suddenly seems to think that yet another buildd is a great
idea. Why is it?

Every once in a while, people post to debian-mentors about their package failing to build on the buildd for some architecture they don't have access to. It'd be nice to get automated complaints about that before buildd time.

This does not need to be part of the "core" Debian Mentors architecture; someone could just automatically grab all the .dsc files and spend CPU cycles emulating every architecture we have and building some packages and posting the log. (I'm willing to use my cycles for that, for example.)

-- Asheesh.

--
Nothing is as simple as it seems at first
	Or as hopeless as it seems in the middle