Re: RFS/RFC: sketch - 3D line drawings from scene descriptions

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> * sketch_0.2.27-1.diff.gz contains diffs to several files outside of the
> debian directory. Ship proper patches for that, too, and make sure your
> clean target really reverts all changes by the build process

>   0 bzed@hal:/tmp$ zgrep '^+++ ' sketch_0.2.27-1.diff.gz | grep -v /debian/
>  +++ sketch-0.2.27/Doc/version.texi
>  +++ sketch-0.2.27/version.dat
>  +++ sketch-0.2.27/version.h

Thanks.  These are are generated by the build process and have
timestamps in them.  I guess I probably checked in to my VCS a
generated version.  This (and the other things you mention) I can fix.
Is there a canonical way to revert files that are autogenerated _and_
shipped in upstream?  I guess I could add explicit copy and restore to
debian/rules. Is there a better approach? I think patching won't work
because of the timestamps.

David
David Bremner                        Associate Professor, UNB Computer Science
bremner@unb.ca			            Cross Appointment, UNB Mathematics
bremner@ma.tum.de                     Visitor,  Zentrum Mathematik, TU München
http://www.cs.unb.ca/~bremner                jabber:david.bremner@jabber80.com