Re: RFS: daloRADIUS - Advanced RADIUS Web Management Application

Thanks Kumar, will do.

On 9/25/07, Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:47:19AM +0200, liran tal wrote:
> I have some questions regarding the package building though which
> concerns the orig.tar.gz I think...  The way I build the package is
> having in the daloradius-0.9.3/ directory the debian/ and the usr/
> directories where the usr/ occupies in the full path of
> usr/share/daloradius my package files (the php stuff and
> everything). in debian/rules what I do is cp daloradius-0.9.3/usr to
> daloradius-0.9.3/debian/usr Is this ok? I'm asking because I think
> that having the orig.tar.gz makes dpkg-source think that it's
> suppose to copy it over to the daloradius-0.9.3 /debian dir but I'm
> not entirely sure.

Actually, the recommended way to "copy" files from your upstream
source location to the debian/<package> directory would be to use
dh_install. Even better than calling dh_install directly from rules
would be to use an "install" file in the debian/ directory which has
things of the form

<upstream file/directory>       <destination>

For example, for the package foo, if I want to install
foo-1.2/bar/file1 to /usr/share/foo/bar file1, my install file woul
have an entry like:

bar/file1     usr/share/foo

Or if you want to copy the directory foo-1.2/common-files to
/usr/share/foo/common-files, you can add an entry like:

common-files                 usr/share/foo

etc. Read man dh_install for details. Also dh_installdocs,
dh_installexamples and dh_install<whatever> for more nie stuff.

HTH.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,