Re: RFS: php-text-password

Hello Thanasis,

On 13/09/2007, Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@kinias.org> wrote:
> scripsit Mark A. Hershberger:
> > Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > Appears to be a new package, no ITP number - have you filed one?
> > >
> > > (Hint: you *must* have an ITP bug number for a new package. No ifs,
> > > no buts, *no* exceptions. Make sure you have ITP's for any of the
> > > other requests you made tonight that need them whilst you are filing
> > > this one.)
> >
> > I'm not sure why you are missing the ITPs.  The changelog entry for
> > every one of these packages includes them and I posted the ITPs within
> > the past three days.  The ITP is also listed on the mentors.debian.net
> > page for each of these packages as well as the "Packages being worked
> > on" page.

> > If you can tell me what would make it easier for you to find the ITPs,
> > I'll be sure to do that for any future RFSs.
>
> Hola Mark,
>
> I made a post earlier this evening encouraging Neil to let us know what
> he views as the major `this pisses me off' errors people make in putting
> together RFSes, and it appears that this is one of them.  Neil's belief
> AFAICT is that a would-be sponsor should not have to look at the package
> page on mentors.d.n -- which means that bugs you close must be specified
> explicitly in the RFS e-mail (including, then, obviously, the ITP).
>
> Neil, is that accurate statement, that your perspective is that a
> would-be sponsor should not be expected to look at the package page on
> mentors.d.n, and so any relevant information there should be repeated in
> the RFS?
>
> Would it be helpful if we recommended that for package updates the
> latest changelog entry be included as well?

Do you, and Neil, mind keeping all this
how-to-submit/format/whatever-RFS' conversation off this thread?
I don't see any point on creating a separate thread if you are going
to keep discussing about this topic in not-so-related threads.
People should be subscribed to the list, so everyone will anyways get
the messages and read them if they want to.

It's kind of annoying to have the same discussion over three different threads.
So please, keep that discussion on an other thread so I can simply
ignore that thread instead of having to check what message is really
related to the RFS and which isn't.