Re: debian/watch and different action than `uupdate'

Am Sonntag, den 26.08.2007, 19:10 +0100 schrieb Julian Gilbey:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 07:10:17PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > > 2) Is it possible to use a different action than uupdate, e.g. `fakeroot
> > > debian/rules get-orig-source'?
> >
> > And this too. Seems to be impossible atm. Would be a nice-to-have for
> > me.
>
> $ cat debian/get-source
> #! /bin/sh
> fakeroot debian/rules get-orig-source
> $ cat debian/watch
> http://.../.../pkg-(.*).tar.gz  debian  debian/get-source

Nice idea. Unfortunately

uscan --force-download

does not call the script. Instead it tries to get the archive I'm
testing for - but that's not, what I want - the get-orig-source gets the
necessary archives, merges them and creates the source tarball. Is the
problem, that the above idea fails, related to the fact, that I'm using
version 3 of the debian/watch format?

To tell, where I want to use it: docbook-xsl (and if this works I would
like to implement the same for docbook, docbook-xml, ...). The current
watch file can be found at:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-xml-sgml/packages/docbook-xsl/trunk/debian/watch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Regards, Daniel