Re: debian/watch and different action than `uupdate'

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:30:41AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> Nice idea. Unfortunately
>
> uscan --force-download
>
> does not call the script. Instead it tries to get the archive I'm
> testing for - but that's not, what I want - the get-orig-source gets the
> necessary archives, merges them and creates the source tarball. Is the
> problem, that the above idea fails, related to the fact, that I'm using
> version 3 of the debian/watch format?

It may also call the script; at present, uscan assumes that the user
wishes to download the new archive *before* running the update
action.  I wonder whether the best way around this one would be to
have a new option "nodownload" or something like that?

   Julian