Re: How to deliver an binary file

Am Sonntag, 19. August 2007 13:23 schrieb Ben Finney:

> Is the ".sfd file" the source form of the font -- that is, is that
> file the "preferred form of the work for making modifications to it",
> as the GPL would say? (I ask because I don't know what a ".sfd file"
> is.)

sfd is a format that can be read by fontforge (former pfaedit) and is
the source of this font (at least the only source format i ever found).

> I would think the best way would be to encourage the upstream to
> distribute the source form of the work in the source tarball.

I tryed this.
I'll try it further.

> What, then, does upstream consider the source form of the work? Is
> their distributed source form something that would be considered free
> software?

I think they also believe the above .sfd as the source of the font but the
do not want to redistribute it, because they think nobody ever wants this
file and it therefor would waste space in the tarball.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15