How to deliver an binary file

Hi there,

i packaged typo3-src and had to add an source-file for a font that is used
inside typo3. The file is a gzipped .sfd file and currently i handle this by
repackaging the orig.tar.gz (my former sponsor wanted this). But my
new sponsor thinks this should be added during package build. But this way
the 88kb binary file would be in the diff.gz...
What is the prefered way to handle this ?

PS: i talked to upstream some time ago and they do not want to add
this into their releases. So i have to handle this on my own.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15