Re: using boost headers
- To: Felipe Sateler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: using boost headers
- From: Carlo Segre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:12:31 -0500 (CDT)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Felipe Sateler wrote:
Carlo Segre wrote:
Upstream prefers to
continue distribution in the tarball and it would avoid having to
continually patch the configuration scripts.
Maybe you could convince upstream of providing a --with-system-boost option
to use either the provided copy or the external ones.
This is exactly what I had asked him earlier today. It is my preference
too but I figured I would get other feedback before insisting.
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Special Projects, Graduate College
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498 Fax: 312.567.3494
firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.iit.edu/~segre email@example.com