using boost headers

Hi All:

One of my packages uses the boost headers and distributes them in the original tarball. I have been modifying the configuration scripts to ignore the local copy and use the libboost-dev dependency instead. Since these are headers and not real libraries, would it violate policy for me to revert to the version included in the tarball? Upstream prefers to continue distribution in the tarball and it would avoid having to continually patch the configuration scripts.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics