advice on maintainting packages on alioth ?

Hello mentors,

In future, I would like to maintain my packages in Mercurial (or git)
repositories. It seams the best place for these to be would be alioth, but
I'm not sure where is the best place -- should I rather request a private
sub-directory or apply for collab-maint membership and upload packages
there ? I have some doubts about collab-maint though: Maintenance is unlikely
to be collaborative, and I'm not in NM, which pretty much takes care of the
point of collab-maint as outlined on the wiki [1]. Also, I'm not sure how
readily private hg/git sub-directories are granted to non-DDs.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/CollaborativeMaintenance

--
      Regards,                       Thomas Jollans
GPG key: 0xF421434B may be found on various keyservers, eg pgp.mit.edu
Hacker key <http://hackerkey.com/>:
v4sw6+8Yhw4/5ln3pr5Ock2ma2u7Lw2Nl7Di2e2t3/4TMb6HOPTen5/6g5OPa1XsMr9p-7/-6