Re: advice on maintainting packages on alioth ?

Thomas Jollans wrote:

> Hello mentors,
>
> In future, I would like to maintain my packages in Mercurial (or git)
> repositories. It seams the best place for these to be would be alioth, but
> I'm not sure where is the best place -- should I rather request a private
> sub-directory or apply for collab-maint membership and upload packages
> there ? I have some doubts about collab-maint though: Maintenance is
> unlikely to be collaborative, and I'm not in NM, which pretty much takes
> care of the point of collab-maint as outlined on the wiki [1]. Also, I'm
> not sure how readily private hg/git sub-directories are granted to
> non-DDs.

AFAIK, collab-maint does not have git/hg repos. It only has a svn one. If
the package is unlikely to have co-maintainers, then I think it would be
overkill to ask for a dedicated project. You may have more luck with any
related projects (ie, if it is a perl app, asking the pkg-perl group).

--

  Felipe Sateler