Re: RFC: irrlicht
Yesterday night I uploaded to mentors a new version of the package.
* debhelper files are now generated from templates so the package
version information (except debian/control) is updated automatically
* Added -dbg package
* Added -D_REENTRANT
* $(version) and $(major) are manually set now (but there's a check
that makes sure that include/IrrCompileConfig.h says the same as those
* Fixed build-depends
* merged the two binary-arch- build targets
* moved headers to include/Irrlicht1.3.1 (with symlink at include/Irrlicht)
TO CHECK (comments on this please):
* irrlicht seems not to be compiled with zlib/libpng/libjpeg support
* -fPIC is only used when building the .so file but not when compiling
the source files (is it ok this way?)
* whether to use the .pc file or not (personally I see no advantage,
what do you think Brandon?)
* Should the .chm file be shipped in the -doc package or only the HTML
* what to do with the media/ files in the -examples package (some
files are not free like dx's logo, opengl logo; there's also the
lucida font in a .png file so I'm not sure it is ok)
* lintian complaining about missing soname
On 13/08/07, Raphael <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 10/08/07, Brandon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > 1) It appears that the irrlicht engine is incompatable with the libjpeg
> > engine that comes with debian. I have attached a log with errors. This
> > is from compiling, and then running, 02.Quake3Map.
> > However, after checking the versions, it seems irrlicht comes with the
> > exact same version as debian, 62 (or 6b). I don't know what to make of
> > it.
> I'll see what I can do.
> > 2) Your examples do not compile with make. It looks like you copied the
> > Makefiles straight across. You'll have to edit them. From the "examples"
> > directory, there is no "../../bin/Linux", "../../include", or
> > "../../lib".
> Hmm, ok.
> > 3) It's always nice when libraries have dbg versions. I think all you
> > would have to do is create the dbg package, then strip the libraries of
> > their debug symbols, and use that for the end-user package.
> Just added the necessary modifications.
> > 4) You are missing some build flags, such as "-fPIC" and "-DREENTRANT".
> > See the policies for more info, and possibly more requirements.
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html
> -fPIC is already being used by upstream's Makefile. I'll add -D_REENTRANT.
> About -fPIC I would like to know what to do when building the static
> lib, because as I said, upstream's Makefile uses it for both, shared
> and static.
> > -Brandon
> Atomo64 - Raphael
> Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.
> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
> Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.
> See http://www.noooxml.org/petition
Atomo64 - Raphael
Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.
Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.