Re: RFS: eterm-themes

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 07:44:09PM +0200, Francesco Aloe wrote:
> Hi Bill,
> i must apologize because i have done a mistake,a newbie error, i didn't
> want hijack your package for asking a ransom. True is that this package
> isn't orphaned but RFA'ed, I wrote on your Bug report logs - #313183 a
> month ago without reciving an answer, so i supposed (and that was my big
> error) that i could pack it, i haven't done big change because there
> aren't new skins, the last one is from the 2005,the only thing i have
> add new line in the changelog and modified the file control and compat
> as you can see at
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/eterm-themes, changes done
> using debian tools.

Hello Francesco,
You sent an email to "control@bugs.debian.org, 313183@bugs.debian.org"
on the 9 Jul 2007, but due to the way the BTS work, I did not receive
a copy (only the maintainer and not the submitter receive a copy and I
am not the maintainer of the wnpp pseudo-package). You should have CC'ed
me explicitly if you wanted an answer from me.

If you did not do it yet, I suggest you read the full log of bug #313183.

I missed the fact you changed the compat file because you did not
mention it in the changelog. It is very important to mention all change
in the changelog especially for sponsored upload.

> I'm a new debian user, is a year i'm using this distro with lot pleasure
> but it isn't enough for me,i would like give a hand to the comunity of
> Debian and of the free software (isn't a case i don't mention open
> source..) so i started to translate some linux documents in italian,
> learning a lot, and i thought was a good idea to get mantain of a orphan
> package,your package was interesting for me because i use eterm in my
> debian live pen, the mutt's theme is very useful for me.

I am glade to hear about someone using this packages because I no more
use eterm.  I am sure you can make much more meaningful contributions
than bumping the debhelper compat level.

> I hope we can close this uggly mistake,was my fault of course, and that
> we can be in touch for the specific of this package, if you change idea
> about to leave the package maintenance or think is better sombody else
> does that but not me, nevermind, i will understan.

It is important to understand the procedures in the developer references
document, the way the BTS works and the use of changelog.

If you propose a significant improvement to the package, I will
certainly reconsider the situation in a better light.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.