RFC: sqlitebrowser - GUI editor for SQLite databases
I just made a package for "sqlitebrowser". Since this is the first
time I deal with a QT-based application, I am likely to have made
errors, which is why I send this RFC before trying to find a sponsor.
SQLite browser is a GUI editor for SQLite databases. I think it is a
very convenient tool to work with SQLite databases, and am convinced
many people already use it (before I took the ITP, there was an RFP
for it ).
Here are the details:
* Package name : sqlitebrowser
Version : 1.3-1
Upstream Author : Mauricio Piacentini, Raquel Ravanini, Jens Miltner
* URL : http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/
* License : Public Domain
Section : devel
It builds these binary packages:
sqlitebrowser - GUI editor for SQLite databases
SQLite Database Browser is a freeware, public domain, open source visual tool
used to create, design and edit database files compatible with SQLite. Its
interface is based on QT, and is meant to be used for users and developers that
want to create databases, edit and search data using a familiar
spreadsheet-like interface, without the need to learn complicated SQL commands.
Controls and wizards are available for users to:
- Create and compact database files
- Create, define, modify and delete tables
- Create, define and delete indexes
- Browse, edit, add and delete records
- Search records
- Import and export records as text
- Import and export tables from/to CSV files
- Import and export databases from/to SQL dump files
- Issue SQL queries and inspect the results
- Examine a log of all SQL commands issued by the application
SQLite Database Browser is not a visual shell for the sqlite command line
tool. It does not require familiarity with SQL commands. It is a tool to be
used both by developers and by end users, and it must remain as simple to use
as possible in order to achieve its goals.
The upload would fix these bugs:  427080 (ITP)
The package is lintian-clean, except for some warnings regarding CVS
directories, that I cannot fix except by repacking the sources (which
I don't think is necessary in this case).
The package builds well in a clean chroot environment (using
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sqlitebrowser
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser_1.3-1.dsc
I would be glad if someone could review my package and send me some comments.