Re: RFS: ack

Hi,

Thank you for your helpful review. I just did some modification & uploaded the new ack package on mentors.net

On 8/5/07, Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 03:43:55PM +0300, Marc-André Lureau wrote:

debian/changelog:
Should be "* Initial release" as in the template and it should close the
ITP bug. I can't even find an ITP for this package which is quite bad
since most sponsors (including me) want to have a clean ITP. Please see
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp fore more information.

 Right. I was unsure about closing the bug. btw, the ack ITP was in CC. Fixed.

debian/control:
Architecture: any means that the package can be compiled on all
[...]
is please use Architecture: all, this will produce exactly one package
which is enough.

done. Subsidiary question: Is it true for python packages also? I could not find any clue in Python policy.

use something like
* Item1
 You could also add the upstream URL to the description as it's

done, done.

debian/copyright:
Hmmm, all that stuff looks very short and in the source tree I can't
really find a License anywhere. So I guess you will have a problem to
bring this in Debian as long is it doesn't have a clear license which is
DFSG compatible.

It is since it uses Perl-like license.  Please check again, the README
file and the ack source file mention it (as well as the generated man page)

The rest I think looks more or less ok, I didn't try the package yet but
please fix those cosmetical issues first please.

Thanks to you. You should try it, its really neat if you used grep to browse source code, you'll enjoy it :)
You will also need the dependency:
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libfile-next-perl/libfile-next-perl_1.00-1.dsc
--
Marc-Andre Lureau