Re: RFS: xrdp (updated package)

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 03:49:54PM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO  En ce début  d'après-midi nuageux  du dimanche  05 août  2007, vers
> 14:41, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> disait:
>
> >> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.4.0~dfsg-3
> >> of my package "xrdp".
>
> > Nice, I didn't even realize that such a software exists.
> > I can connect to sesman but then when a connection to port 5910 is
> > requested I get "error - problem connecting". I'm a xrdp noob and just
> > tried connecting to my running session with krdc and rdesktop. There
> > isn't much information shipping with the package like a README.Debian.
>
> 5910 is port  for VNC. I suppose  that you did not install  a VNC server
> (this is only a recommends because you could use a distant one).
>
> In fact, xrdp connects itself  to sesman which checks credential, spawns
> a VNC server and gives back the  port to xrdp to allow him to attach its
> display to it.

Actually my KDE (kded) runs a VNC server on port 5900. Perhaps that
would work, too. But in this case I installed a tightvncserver and it
worked like expected.

Btw, the man page reads:

FILES
    ${XRDP_BIN_DIR}/xrdp
    ${XRDP_CFG_DIR}/xrdp.ini
    ${XRDP_LOG_DIR}/xrdp.log
    ${XRDP_PID_DIR}/xrdp.pid

Could you fix that so that Debian users know where these files are?

 Christoph
--
Peer review means that you can feel better because someone else
missed the problem, too.