Secure apt Packages file confusion [Was: repository signing and apt-get authentication]

> Unable to find expected entry  Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)

Ian> And this is my main question: have you figured out what causes this
Ian> error?

Neil> I've no idea if the documentation that you mention is right or
Neil> wrong. I was using mini-dinstall - you are not. I'm not sure why
Neil> you think my experience is applicable to a different method.

[...]

Neil> Then maybe it would have been an idea to change the subject line
Neil> of this year-old reply??!!

Fair enough.

So, does anyone have an idea what's really causing that error?

--
This line is completely ham.