Re: RFS: plastex

Carl Fürstenberg wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
>>
>> > how do you mean by "provide a way to repackage the upstream tarball"?
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-origtargz
>>

> I would need some help interpret that.
>

> 1. must contain detailed information how the repackaged source was
> obtained, and how this can be reproduced in the debian/copyright. It
> is also a good idea to provide a get-orig-source target in your
> debian/rules file that repeats the process, as described in the Policy
> Manual, Main building script: debian/rules.
>
> should the .orig.tar.gz include a file for that? and ehat should it
> be called and how should it look like?
no, not in the tar.gz.
"provide a get-orig-source target in debian/rules".
debian/rules is not in  the tar.gz.

> 2. should not contain any file that does not come from the upstream
> author(s), or whose contents has been changed by you.
> so I should/must use dpatch for the shebang fix?
yes. or quilt.

> 4. should use <packagename>-<upstream-version>.orig as the name of the
> top-level directory in its tarball. This makes it possible to
> distinguish pristine tarballs from repackaged ones.
> orig? as it's modified from the upstream, it's not in my vocabulary
> "original".
add it to your vocabulary then, or propose a change in the policy.

Probably reading the New Maintainer's reference and the other documents
linked on http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide could be
useful for you.

Best regards,

Bernd Zeimetz