Nagios version

Hello,

First I'm not fluently in english, I hope my thought will be clear,
it's an asking mail. :-)

I currently deploy nagios and nagiosgraph. So I decide to package
nagiosgraph. But I'm a bit confused about the version of the Debian
package. Is there a licence problem about the version upload ? I'm
currently interesting in package maintening and I work on the
integration of nagiosgraph with nagios but the work seems a little
more difficult with the current version in Debian, so I might help for
a new release more recent of nagios. And I'm not sure of the way and
the beginning to help so I ask here. Not sure it is the right place ...

Greetings,
--
David Dumortier