Re: RFS: plastex

>> A few more comments:
>> - you could create the manpage while building the package, that would
>> make sure you don't forget to update it accidentally.
>
> The manpage is created at build time, by using xsltproc

why is the result included in the diff then?

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-origtargz

>> - debian/copyright is missing the license. Add the full license test,
>> also 'Python License' could be non-free, as licenses before version 2
>> were non-free.
>
> I know, I emailed the upstream author, and just got this reply:
> "You're right.  I basically put that in as a placeholder and never got
> back to it.  I'll try to fix this in the next couple of days and put
> out a new release.  I'll notify you when this is finished."

You'll need to poke upstream about that then. I can't speak for the ftp
masters, but I'm 100% sure they'd reject the package. Probably
interesting to read: http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

>> - as far as I've seen on the first look there's no architecture
>> dependent stuff in your package, so it should be Architecture: all in
>> debian/control
>
> Thought about that, but I still don't know how to handle the
> executable that is created that will only work under OSX.

0 bzed@hal:/tmp/plastex-0.8.1$ file ./build/scripts-2.4/cgpdfpng
./build/scripts-2.4/cgpdfpng: python script text executable

doesn't look like something architecture dependant.
Also you want to remove it, as it is using CoreGraphics it doesn't look
portable at all.

What I missed before: your package seems to build a python module, the
proper package (not source) name is python-plastex then.

Cheers,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz