Re: RFS: plastex

> lintian spits out warnings about -x flag on the py-files, as they all
> has a shebang, also the setup.py generates a cgpdfpng that only will
> work under OSX, but I don't know a good way to fix that.

patch the source?
For example by using dpatch. There're examples for that in every second
python package in http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/python-modules/packages

If it creates something that doesn't work - it should be fixed, or
removed if you don't need it. It makes no sense to ship broken software.

A few more comments:
- you could create the manpage while building the package, that would
make sure you don't forget to update it accidentally.
- * Removed the CVS directories - that's not neede din the first
changelog entry. If you change the upstream's source, explain it in
README.Debian-source and provide a way to repackage the upstream
tarball. If it doesn't make sense to repackage an upstream tarball for
that, overriding the lintian warnings for the source is an idea.
- debian/copyright is missing the license. Add the full license test,
also 'Python License' could be non-free, as licenses before version 2
were non-free.
- I'm not sure what you need the stuff in debian/mk for - although I
have to admit that I don't know what's the really proper way to create
manpages using cdbs, but there're far more simple ways (if anybody knows
how cdbs handles manpages - please point me to it, otherwise have a look
into ll-xist in the svn mentioned up there, the way I'm using there at
least works well) Also remember that you files probably won't work with
cdbs anymore at one time - you should not add stuff to cdbs at build
time imho.
- as far as I've seen on the first look there's no architecture
dependent stuff in your package, so it should be Architecture: all in
debian/control

This was a 2 minutes review on the fly, and I'm not a DD so I can't
sponsor you. But I hope that my hints are helpful for you.
Probably you want to join the python modules team and maintain your
package in the svn? join #debian-python on OFTC if you need any help.

Best regards,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz