Re: Change in my sponsorship requirements

>> Yes, exactly. Each packaging attempt gets a separate changelog entry
>> and when it's final, you merge them all, effectively erasing the
>> history.
>>

> If I understand you correctly you mean a progress as follows:
>
> === Day 1 ===

Day 1 is probably a bit confusing here. A new revision every day makes
no sene, more after publishing the work somewhere or if you want to test
it on machines.

-------------^^ that should be 1.0-1~unreleased.2
>   * newbie change 2.
>
>  -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 07 May 2007 21:52:26 +0200
>

> [...]
>

> IMO, it is acceptable, but way too complicated and doesn't match completely
> the official procedure.

not really complicated, that's what dch(1) is for. And official
procedures can be changed - although I don't see why this would not
match an official procedure, as long as the unreleased versions are not
uploaded into debian.

Best regards,

Bernd Zeimetz