Re: RFS: bluetooth-alsa (updated package)

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 09:54:01PM +0200, Krzysztof Burghardt wrote:
> 2007/7/14, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>:
> >Krzysztof, since you applied Steve's patch, it would have been good
> >to give him credit in the changelog. Please keep that in mind for

> Sure. If patch is not trivial and I decide to apply this.
> In this case I haven't applied this patch, as it lacks
> definition of minimal version need by plugz.

(It didn't include the minimal version because there are no versions of
libbluetooth2-dev in the archive that fail the version requirement.)

> Along this trivial patch as this one is not a subject of any kind
> of "authors right" (according to Polish law regulations). So it's
> public domain, isn't it?

There's nothing in my patch that's copyrightable in my home territory, and
even if there was I would be happy for you to consider it so.

Of course, crediting patch submitters is less about law than it is about
community and the /appreciation/ of the contributions of others; many times
a bug fix results in a trivial, non-copyrightable patch but the bug itself
is very subtle and the effort that goes into the debugging is worthy of
recognition.  This is obviously not the case here, I couldn't care less if
you credit me for this change. :)