Re: RFS: command-not-found

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 10:46:13PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Christoph Haas wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 10:08:47PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> >> Dear mentors,
[..]
> >> It builds these binary packages:
> >> command-not-found - Suggest installation of packages in interactive bash sessions
> >> command-not-found-data - Set of data files for command-not-found
> >
> > I just built and installed it. There is some funny whitespace in between
> > the messages:
> >
> > ===============================
> > $ inetd
> > Command 'inetd' is available in '/usr/sbin/inetd'
> > The command could not be located because '/usr/sbin' is not i ncluded in the PATH environment variable.
> > This is most likely caused by the lack of administ rative priviledges associated with your user account.
> > bash: inetd: command not found
> > ===============================
> >
> > i ncluded -> included
> > administ rative -> administrative
> > priviledges -> privileges
> Fixed.

I would like to merge the fix. Do you maintain the package is some
version control system? We use bzr so it might be a good fit for you
too to make merging easy.

> > Did you talk to the Ubuntu maintainer already? Perhaps it make sense to
> > join forces so that only one package is built?
> He's CCed, so: mvo: What's your opinion?

I would really like to, but this can only work if we have a seperate
command-not-found-data source package because the mapping of
"binary"<->"package" will differ from ubuntu to debian (even if it is
only a very minor difference in most cases).

Cheers,
 Michael