RFS: libmesh

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libmesh".

* Package name    : libmesh
 Version         : 0.6.0~rc2.dfsg-1
 Upstream Author : Benjamin S. Kirk <benkirk@cfdlab.ae.utexas.edu> et. al.
* URL             : http://libmesh.sourceforge.net/
* License         : LGPL
 Section         : libs

It builds these binary packages:
libmesh-dev - libMesh - A C++ Finite Element Library
libmesh0.6.0 - libMesh - A C++ Finite Element Library

The package is lintian clean.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmesh/libmesh_0.6.0~rc2.dfsg-1.dsc

The package compiles in pbuilder, installs and works. However, there
are still some problems:

* debian/changelog contains Closes: #nnnn, because although I filled
the ITP bug, I still didn't receive the email with the bug number
* although mentors.debian.net says no lintian errors, their scripts
don't work, because there are in fact the following two errors:

wrong-bug-number-in-closes
sharedobject-in-library-directory-not-actually-a-shlib usr/lib/libmesh.so

The first is caused by my first (*), the second is caused by wrong
shlibs files. Could you please help me how to write the debian/rules
correctly? The upstream Makefile is quite broken, it doesn't have the
"install" rule, so I am copying the library by hand in debian/rules.
And also I don't know how to correctly handle the shlibs.
* the build-depends are fine (builds in pbuilder), but the depends for
libmesh0.6.0 don't include the petsc library - but I believe that
fixing the previous point will just fix this one automatically
* the debian/rules contains some unnecessary things, but I just left
it there until we fix the above problems
* also please check that I removed all the non-free things correctly

Kind regards
Ondrej Certik