I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libmesh".
* Package name : libmesh
Version : 0.6.0~rc2.dfsg-1
Upstream Author : Benjamin S. Kirk <email@example.com> et. al.
* URL : http://libmesh.sourceforge.net/
* License : LGPL
Section : libs
It builds these binary packages:
libmesh-dev - libMesh - A C++ Finite Element Library
libmesh0.6.0 - libMesh - A C++ Finite Element Library
The package is lintian clean.
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmesh
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmesh/libmesh_0.6.0~rc2.dfsg-1.dsc
I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
The package compiles in pbuilder, installs and works. However, there
are still some problems:
* debian/changelog contains Closes: #nnnn, because although I filled
the ITP bug, I still didn't receive the email with the bug number
* although mentors.debian.net says no lintian errors, their scripts
don't work, because there are in fact the following two errors:
The first is caused by my first (*), the second is caused by wrong
shlibs files. Could you please help me how to write the debian/rules
correctly? The upstream Makefile is quite broken, it doesn't have the
"install" rule, so I am copying the library by hand in debian/rules.
And also I don't know how to correctly handle the shlibs.
* the build-depends are fine (builds in pbuilder), but the depends for
libmesh0.6.0 don't include the petsc library - but I believe that
fixing the previous point will just fix this one automatically
* the debian/rules contains some unnecessary things, but I just left
it there until we fix the above problems
* also please check that I removed all the non-free things correctly