Re: Prompt to install missing software?

John Pye <john@curioussymbols.com> writes:

> It just strikes me that there is a level of automation that would be
> really pretty simple to implement: "click here to install the
> missing package".

This makes the invalid assumption that the user who receives this
dialogue box is in a position to install software. That's not the case
in a great variety of use cases for Debian.

--
 \      "Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a |
  `\     finite world is either a madman or an economist."  -- Kenneth |