Re: Status of wired

On Saturday 19 May 2007, Toby Smithe wrote:
> My next question is this: should I first have the package accepted into
> Ubuntu Gutsy before getting it to Debian, or should I do the reverse? It
> would be easiest for me to do the former, in my position, but I'm still
> unsure as to whether that's the "right" thing to do.

Given that Ubuntu regurarly starts a new branch from Debian unstable any
package you get into Debian will automatically end up in Ubuntu. So
uploading to Debian first, then Ubuntu if you want it there before the next
sync seems more sane in general IMO.

On the other hand if you have upload priviliges to Ubuntu there's no reason
not to do an upload there while looking for a sponsor.

> "What I would do is upload it to REVU and then once you get it accepted
> in Ubuntu (and you know you have a good package) remove the Ubuntu
> specific stuff and upload to mentors."

[1] seems to indicate that REVU is the ubuntu equivalent of mentors?

In wich case it would make sense to upload to REVU en mentors at the same
time, many eyes make all bugs shallow after all.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)