Re: RFS: gpixpod

On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:58:39 +0200
David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> wrote:

>  gPixPod is a PyGTK application to organize photos and photo

please explain PyGTK

>  albums on recent photo-capable Apple iPod models.
>  .
>  It is at the moment the free, open source and cross-platform
>  alternative to iTunes for uploading photos on your iPod.

That sentence appears redundant. If you really want to keep it, drop
the "it is at the moment the" and replace with simple "A". However, the
fact that it is in Debian main covers the first two - and arguably the
third, depending on whether it also runs on Solaris, BSD, Windows, etc.

> Its
>  approach to modify manually the elements in the Photo Database
>  of your iPod could be also more useful than the syncing-only
>  method of iTunes.
>  .
>  It can be the perfect complement of GtkPod and similar programs
>  (such as Rhythmbox, Banshee) which organize music and videos.

I'd drop the 'perfect' - what is good for one is not good for
everyone, just leave it as "Complements GtkPod and similar ..."

Without an ipod to test, I am unable to sponsor.
(Plus, IIRC, PyGTK is python and I have zero experience of using python
and try to avoid it wherever possible.)

--

Neil Williams