Status of wired

Hi,

I noticed an ITP for `wired` on the BTS. I was wondering, since I have
now adopted this package, what it's status on Mentors was. It doesn't
seem to be there now, and I have packaged a new version. Should I add to
the old bug report, or open a new one? The ITP report is #394755.

My next question is this: should I first have the package accepted into
Ubuntu Gutsy before getting it to Debian, or should I do the reverse? It
would be easiest for me to do the former, in my position, but I'm still
unsure as to whether that's the "right" thing to do. I received this
advice on IRC:

"What I would do is upload it to REVU and then once you get it accepted
in Ubuntu (and you know you have a good package) remove the Ubuntu
specific stuff and upload to mentors."

That sounds sane.

If anyone wants to check out the package in its current state, it's at
http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5202 in source form. As I
mentioned in the comment to bug #394755, "I maintain the debian/ sources
at https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio/wired";. The
version in the UbuntuStudio repository is out of date, now, as I've been
working on the package since that message.

Thanks,

Toby Smithe