Re: what is the right place for pkgconfig files ?

Am Montag, den 14.05.2007, 16:54 +0100 schrieb Neil Williams:
> On Mon, 14 May 2007 17:29:00 +0200
> Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > /usr/lib for pkg-config files of arch-dependent packages
> > /usr/share for files of arch-independent packages (these files shouldn't
> > contain a libdir value, instead you can add a datadir value)
>
> I didn't know that - it makes sense, just I haven't seen it before,
> hence my other email.
>
> Is this documented explicitly somewhere

AFAIK no. It was discussed somewhere in the past:
IIRC the gtk-doc or gnome-icon-theme guys began with this and discussed
it somewhere. I read a few mails some time ago, but I do not remember,
where. I'm sorry.

> or is it just an extension
> of the rule of /usr/lib/ for architecture-dependent stuff
> and /usr/share/ for architecture-independent stuff?

IMO it is. But today it's AFAIK seen as a recommendation.

Regards, Daniel