Re: what is the right place for pkgconfig files ?

Am Montag, den 14.05.2007, 17:11 +0200 schrieb picca:

> On my debian testing system I have .pc files in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/
> and /usr/share/pkgconfig/
>
> Which one is the right one ?

/usr/lib for pkg-config files of arch-dependent packages
/usr/share for files of arch-independent packages (these files shouldn't
contain a libdir value, instead you can add a datadir value)

Both are recognized by pkg-config (see PKG_CONFIG_PATH explanation in
pkg-config(1)).

Regards, Daniel