Re: what is the right place for pkgconfig files ?

On Mon, 14 May 2007 17:29:00 +0200
Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net> wrote:

> /usr/lib for pkg-config files of arch-dependent packages
> /usr/share for files of arch-independent packages (these files shouldn't
> contain a libdir value, instead you can add a datadir value)

I didn't know that - it makes sense, just I haven't seen it before,
hence my other email.

Is this documented explicitly somewhere or is it just an extension
of the rule of /usr/lib/ for architecture-dependent stuff
and /usr/share/ for architecture-independent stuff?

--

Neil Williams