Re: RFS: php-ffmpeg

Hello,

On 04/05/07, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
Le Friday 04 May 2007 21:22:39, vous avez écrit:
> > Link ? :)
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-ffmpeg
> Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> main contrib non-free

Ok, now as far as i can see, debian packaging stuff seems alright, but there
are some modifications on source files contained in the diff.gz.
My personal policy is to put everything in different patches, it makes life
much more easy later..
The only changes made to the source code are:
* Corrections to the files inside tests/ (some typo's)
* The .orig.tar.gz has a directory called include, but this is removed
when using phpize 5 --clean; so I renamed it to includes to prevent it
from being removed by phpize5
By the way, I'm currently keeping the header files that come with the
package of upstream because php5's gd.h is a lot different and I
haven't tried by making use of it, and libgd-dev's gd.h doesn't
include the php stuff.

Also, you may remove the ${misc:Depends} from debian/control since it is
unused and correct a bit more the description:
Ok, removed.

* ffmpeg-php or php-ffmpeg ? If ffmpeg-php is upstream name, then you may give
the source package ffmpeg-php name but write php5-ffmpeg in the binary
package description.
That's what I wasn't sure about, AFAIK all php extensions have their
name in the way php-EXTNAME, but the PHP Policy Draft doesn't say
anything about naming conventions.

* you have a lintian warning;
N: Processing binary package php5-ffmpeg (version 0.5.0-1) ...
W: php5-ffmpeg: extended-description-line-too-long
N:
N:   One or more lines in the extended part of the "Description:" field
N:   have been found to contain more than 80 characters. For the benefit of
N:   users of 80x25 terminals, it is recommended that the lines do not
N:   exceed 80 characters.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 3.4.1 for details.

You may also rephrase the description in a more direct way like php5-ffmpeg
provides functions for [....] Supported formats are those supported by
ffmpeg.
It should be ok now.

That's all for now, but the package looks nice, I have to try it soon :)

Romain
--
Think the word peace means coming together ?
Peace is a diploma you get in the cemetry

The new .diff.gz is, as usually, at mentors.debian.net

--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.