Packaging php5-qt

Dear mentors,

I'm trying to package the php5-qt extension, but I've encountered some
issues that I would like to know your opinions in order to correctly
handle the situation.

First of all, when the extension is compiled, the resulting name is
php_qt.so; instead of the usual NAME.so (which in this case would be
qt.so). So, I want to know if there's no problem on keeping the name
php_qt.so.

The second issue is that since php5-qt is only useful when using it
with php5-cli I find pointless to create a .ini file in
/etc/php5/conf.d . But falling back to insert extension=php_qt.so
inside the /etc/php5/conf.d/php.ini.ucf-dist file is not very good
either.
So, I want to know what should I do, either to insert it into the
php.ini file, or creating the .ini file inside conf.d/, or doing
something I personally recommend: create a new directory inside
/etc/php5/cli which will be loaded the same way conf.d is loaded.

Also, (I guess this should be notified to the php maintainers) I think
a better approach would be to:
* keep all the .ini files at /etc/php5/conf.d
* make the php.ini files load the ./conf.d directory (which for cli
would be /etc/php5/cli/conf.d, for cgi would be /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d,
and so on).
* Create a symlink at the ./conf.d directories pointing to the .ini
files that want to be loaded in the per-SAPI directory.
The advantages of using this approach are:
* A given extension/s can be enabled/disabled from being loaded in a
specific SAPI, which means: more control (in both, security and
resources usage).
* No matter whether a given extension is specific for mod_php, cli,
etc; all of them can easily be handled by symlinking the .ini of the
extension
Of course, to make everything easier, two commands like a2enmod and
a2dismod would be added. With an usage like: php5enext/php5disext SAPI
EXTENSION

Regards,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.