Re: RFS: openjpeg

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 12:33:41AM +1100, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:

>>> OK. How do I describe the statement of copyright and license for the
>>> Debian packaging? It's both license and copyright.

>> Well.. As explained before, copyright lists the guys that have worked in the
>> code, with statements like (c) 2007 Someone
>> Licence is the part that talks about rights granted on the code from the above
>> copyright owners..
>> Simply add a Licence: line between copyright and the other part and its ok..
>> Also, now that we come to this point, have you checked all file headers ? I
>> know it is a boring job, but it often gives you some very interesting
>> results... upstream authors are not always consistent with the licence they
>> give and some part of code they may take from other sources.. Given that you
>> have read the REJECT FAQ, I guess you are aware of this point..

> Erk. The template in dh_make needs fixing then...

> Drat, I forgot to check the stuff I wasn't building. >_< There's a
> couple of copies of a four-clause BSD-licensed getopt.[ch], one
> attrubution-only type copyright in the jp3d library, and one
> java file that may be "freely used or adapted".

OK, I've uploaded a new version, with changelog as follows:

 openjpeg (1.1.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * Remove build-depend on autotools-dev, there's no autotools use here
   * Rename libopenjpeg-tools to openjpeg-tools
   * Correctly install libopenjpeg.so.1.0.0 rather than libopenjpeg-1.0.0.so
   * Make libopenjpeg1-dbg depend on the same-source version of libopenjpeg1
   * Create manpages for image_to_j2k, j2k_to_image and index_create
   * Update debian/copyright with full details of all contained licenses and
     copyrights
    - Thanks again to Romain Beauxis for reviewing

I really think this one's ready... (Of course, I thought that about
the last two versions too...) ^_^

Now it's not only Lintian-clean, but doesn't even have any warnings.

The copyright file is just over a third of the .diff.gz. Bleh...

Obviously, I'm still open to any further comments. ^_^

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson@Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/