Re: RFS: openjpeg

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 02:25:24PM +0100, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Le mercredi 21 mars 2007 13:46, Paul TBBle Hampson a écrit :
> >> Anyway, do you have a link to the new package, I'll try to have a deeper
> >> review on this..

>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openjpeg/

> More comments:
> * You have lintian warnings about missing manpages. They are required so you
> may fix this.

Yeah, I discovered help2man today, (from FTP Master REJECT FAQ of all
things) I'll use that for my next run.

Bleh. help2man's not even vaugely correct. I'll try txt2man instead.

> * debian/copyright: add licence section header between copyright part and
> licence part.. Policy required it to be verbatim but you may still seperate
> what is licence and what is copyright..

OK. How do I describe the statement of copyright and license for the
Debian packaging? It's both license and copyright.

> * debian/control: still you define a libopenjpeg-tools, and still the typo...

Wait, which typo are you talking about? I fixed the short description,
and there's a bunch of 'r's in the long description of libopenjpeg1 in
my local copy, dunno if they made it to the upload. (My laptop keyboard
seems to occasionally insert a whole bunch of 'r's in vim... >_<)

I've renamed libopenjpeg-tools to openjepg-tools, but I remain convinced
that this is needlessly inconsistent with libjpeg and libjasper's usage,
and the libpkg guide.

> Seems you have added autotool-dev to the build-dep.. Why is this needed if
> autotools are not used ??

Whoops. That was supposed to be added to libxmlrpc-epi... I must have
done that on Tuesday, that changelog entry was there when I started
applying your comments tonight.

Removed, thanks.

> * libopenjpeg1: libopenjpeg-1.0.0.so is not the right way to name a shared
> object I fear, it should be libsoname.so.soversion. And it seems that
> upstream is doing this wrong naming...

I can't believe I've missed that _every_ time. >_< I must submit a
lintian test for that one.

Fixed, thanks.

Although I hope there's nothing which depends on that particular
whackyness of naming that would cause problems here... The ldconfig
symlinks should take care of all that, I expect.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson@Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/