Re: RFS: liferea 1.0.27-2 [Upgrading problems]

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 01:33:54PM -0600, Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:37:28PM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 10:22:41PM -0600, Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz wrote:
> > > What happens is that liferea is held-back. I've tried adding or taking
> > > out a
> > >  Provides: liferea-gtkhtml
> > > to the liferea package, with no results.
> >
> > I suspect you need the third horseman of the package apocalypse, Replaces:,
>
> Nope, no good. Still doesn't work.
>
> Actually, what happens at the dist-upgrade is that the *new*
> liferea-xulrunner get pulled, but liferea itself is held back at the
> old version and liferea-gtkhtml is not removed.

That's very odd.

> Is there something wrong with calling your private's repository
> distribution 'unstable'? Does having two repositories called the same
> but with different contents confuse apt somehow?

No, I'm pretty sure that apt works based on URLs rather than names.  The
release names are used by the '-t' option to apt-get, and also in pinning,
but I presume that there's no pinning rules that are relevant in your apt
config?

- Matt